love and physics.

1. Quantum entanglement is the theory that two particles can be intimately linked to each other even if separated by billion of light-years of space, and a change in one will affect the other. 

2. Synchronicity was first explained by psychiatrist Carl Jung. He posited that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship, yet seem to be meaningfully related. Jung felt the principle gave conclusive evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious.

I have always thought that these theories are pretty romantic, even for a cynic like me. The longer I live, and the more relationships I form, the harder I find it to believe that true coincidences exist. I have always felt an indescribable force that both pushes and pulls against us.